I work closely with the CEOs and leadership of selected companies on matters of strategic significance.
My criteria for selecting the companies in my portfolio of advisory clientele include team chemistry and industry sector. I prefer to work with teams that have superb chemistry, and I like to focus on solving problems in rapid-growth sectors that are pertinent to my current areas of research.
The primary objective for a Strategic Advisor is to build up shareholder value. The typical engagement is for one or two years. I participate as an extension of the management team, collaborating directly with the relevant department heads to prepare and execute the strategy.
My advisory clients include these pioneering firms with successful exits:
- BrightCove, the leading video hosting platform and online video player solution. IPO in 2012.
- ScoreLoop AG, the most advanced platform and SDK for developing mobile social games and virtual currencies. Acquired by Research in Motion in 2011.
- M:Metrics, the leader in audience measurement for mobile content and smartphone applications. Acquired by ComScore in 2008.
- NevenVision, a leading provider of biometric and photo recognition technologies. Acquired by Google in 2006.
- Muse.net, was the first music platform to enable a collection of songs to be streamed to and played back from any Web-connected device. Founded by veterans from Nullsoft. Acquired by Yahoo in 2004.
Rob is one hell of a guy: utterly inspiring, extremely visionary, very knowledgeable, international awareness across many different cultures and great fun to work with. If you need insight, if you crave for original thought, if you dare thinking beyond just the next step, he is your man!