How to Prepare for Your Next Career: Video of my guest appearance on “This Week In Careers”
This week I was a guest on “This Week In Careers
.” Host Lisa Mandell interviewed me about career opportunities of the future. I spoke about several industries that will grow this decade and the steps to take now to prepare for the jobs of the future.
In a wide-ranging interview, we covered several topics, including several lessons that I’ve learned in my 22 year career as a TV director, game designer, creative executive and entrepreneur:
- Two essential steps that every young person should take in college to prepare for the future;
- How to make yourself irreplaceable at work by becoming an in-house expert;
- Three books that will dramatically change your perspective about your next career;
- How to evaluate the tradeoff between career advancement versus earning a graduate degree;
- The importance of international experience: the benefit of gaining new cultural perspectives;
- Four industries that are poised for explosive growth this decade.
This Week In is a bold new startup founded by serial entrepreneur Jason Calacanis
and a smart young CEO Mark Jeffrey
. Online video is growing fast, and this company is doing exciting things. They’ve mastered the art of rapid video production and low cost distribution, which are two evolutionary skillsets necessary to thrive in the online ecosystem. It’s definitely worth keeping an eye on ThisWeekIn.com
Posted via email from Think Twice